RAYNER TEO (PART 2)
How to trade the markets with the right strategy and system
Rayner Teo is the founder of TradingwithRayner.com, an independent trader, and the most-followed trader in Singapore. With a background in proprietary trading, Rayner shares his knowledge of trading through Youtube videos, podcast episodes and mentoring sessions. His Youtube channel has raked in over 250,000 subscribers, and his blogs on trading attract 100,000 readers a month.
In this episode, Rayner gives an introduction to trading strategies and offers a load of resources to follow up on.
3 Things I’ve Learned
- Developing a trading strategy involves seeing what works, what the research says and going from there. There are no hard and fast rules to how to trade – it depends on what knowledge is out there, and how it relates to you.
- Learning to trade teaches you the principle of delayed gratification. Compound interest is considered the eighth wonder of the world, and learning to trade instils the habit of cutting back on instant pleasure to work towards a more comfortable life later on – a skill which can be applied to all aspects of life, and pay dividends.
- When starting a business, start first with providing value to your audience, and trust that the universe will balance and your compensation will work out. Too many people go into their business hoping to make six figures, and Rayner believes this priority is backwards.
Here are links to some of the references we make in the podcast:
- TradingWithRayner Podcast – https://www.tradingwithrayner.com/category/podcast/
- TradingWithRayner Youtube Videos – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFSn-h8wTnhpKJMteN76Abg
- Social Science Research Network (SSRN) – https://www.ssrn.com/index.cfm/en/
- Quantitative Investing: Strategies to exploit stock market anomalies for all investors – https://www.amazon.com/Quantitative-Investing-Strategies-anomalies-investors/dp/0857193007
- DERR Formula – https://www.tradingwithrayner.com/how-to-become-a-winning-trader/
- Reef Trading – https://opencorporates.com/companies/us_fl/P17000020200
- Neil Patel – https://neilpatel.com/
- Seth Godin – https://www.sethgodin.com/
- Gary Vaynerchuck – https://www.garyvaynerchuk.com/
- Trading with Rayner Youtube Channel – https://www.google.com/search?q=the+trading+with+rayner+show&oq=the+trading+with+rayner+show&aqs=chrome..69i57l2j69i59j69i60j69i65j69i60l3.2630j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
- Curve Fitting – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curve_fitting
- How to Win Friends & Influence People – https://www.amazon.com/How-Win-Friends-Influence-People/dp/0671027034
- Following the Trend – https://www.amazon.com/Following-Trend-Diversified-Managed-Futures/dp/1118410858
- Unholy Grails – https://www.amazon.com/Unholy-Grails-New-Road-Wealth-ebook/dp/B007T97DJQ
- Market Wizards – https://www.amazon.com/Market-Wizards-Interviews-Top-Traders-ebook/dp/B006X50OPW
- Chat with Traders Podcast – https://chatwithtraders.com/
- TradingView – https://www.tradingview.com/
- MetaTrader4 – https://www.metatrader4.com/en
- CNBC – https://www.cnbc.com/world/?region=world
- Investing.com – https://www.investing.com/
If you have enjoyed this episode of The Alternative CV Podcast please subscribe, share this episode and leave a comment or review so that I know what you like and what I can do better on. Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks so much for helping me make this show better!
!Share this story
Each episode of the Alternative CV podcast is produced with and hopes to educate and inspire you. If you find our content useful, please subscribe to our podcast. No spam, just more great episodes delivered straight to your inbox.